corporate housing factory | sustainable hospitality
With investments in windmills, solar panels and electric cars the Netherlands is big on sustainability. Business travellers are also becoming more aware of how travelling impacts the environment. Just like you, we at Corporate Housing Factory care about the world we live in.
Sustainability is not only truly important to us, it is part of our DNA. That’s why we proudly like to share with you how we contribute to a greener society.
- In the beginning of 2020 we added ‘Hoge Duin’, our first completely climate-neutral building, to our portfolio. This new building is extremely innovative and the focus on eco- friendly features and materials can be found throughout the building as well as in the apartments.
- All apartments are fitted with WKO-systems, storing hot -and cold water in the ground, thus saving energy.
- Our furniture is top of the line in terms of design and quality, ensuring an increased lifespan. So in that we also reduce our carbon footprint.
- Our well-known DSW Vitra chairs are made from polypropylene and polymide, both of which are recyclable thermoplastics.
- Our apartments are fitted with energy saving appliances, such as state of the art dishwashers, refrigerators, washing machines and dryers.
- Both our Amsterdam and Eindhoven properties have car parks for electrical vehicles.
- Fight against food waste! We created a shelf in the fridge to put the food we won’t be able to eat before it expires. This way our colleagues know they’re ‘allowed’ to take it and it won’t end up in the bin!
- We have waste disposal programs in all our properties and offices.
- We work digitally, we print as little as possible and use recycled printing paper!
- We provide all information to our guests online: via email, our website, the Guest Portal or our MyCHF app.
- We don’t have any printed information booklets in our apartments, but do have an online Guest Directory for each property online: New Amsterdam, Gershwin, New Orleans, Hoge Duin and Hartje Gent.
- We try to make our residents aware of how they can contribute to a greener society, by placing tent cards of recycled paper in the apartments.
- Our branded CHF notebooks are made of recycled leather.
- As real Dutchies we love to cycle! That’s why almost all our employees come to the office by bike! Is it just a bit too far cycling? Then we take the public transport! We also stimulate our residents to use one of the many bicycle-sharing systems in the surroundings of our properties.
- We are a proud Key-Sponsor of HomePlan. With each key that we give to our residents, we make a donation for the construction of a house in Latin America or Africa. We consciously choose to support HomePlan because offering people a home is the basis of our company. We truly believe that everyone deserves a house, home and future!
- We are proud sponsor of Just One Tree. For every check in made with Corporate Housing Factory, we will donate ₤ 1 to plant a tree.
- We are a proud sponsor and participator of the World Cleanup Day.That is why during World Cleanup Day, we’re cleaning with a mission. Together we can eliminate plastic pollution from the world.
- We are proud sponsor of IT4Kids. IT4Kids collects used hardware from companies and donates (on behalf of the contributor) the value of the hardware to charity projects committed to creating lasting opportunities (to play sports) for these children. Together, we create opportunities for children to develop #skills4life, such as self‑confidence, cooperation, respect and discipline.
- We participate in Warm Sweater Day! On the annual ‘warme truiendag,’ we’ll put on a warm sweater and lower the thermostat, to make an effort to reduce CO2 emissions and raise awareness about global warming! We even got our team some vegan, PETA approved and limited-edition CHF sweaters.
- Living in a clean and safe space is more important than ever. To give our guests a warm welcome in their temporary home, they’ll always receive a box (made of recycled cardboard) filled with new home essentials!
- We provide our guests with eco-friendly dish soap.
- In all our apartments you find eco-friendly body wash and shampoo (both 100% vegan) of Marie Stella Maris. To limit the impact on the environment Marie Stella Maris focusses on refillable bottles. Refilling means less packaging materials, less CO2 and less costs. They calculated the waste and CO2 savings of buying a refill pouch instead of a new bottle of soap – and it adds up to more than 72%!
- We provide our guests with eco-friendly water of Marie Stella Maris in a carton bottle to reduce plastic waste. We choose Marie Stella Maris because they support clean water projects.
- We have a diverse team with nationalities from all over the world. The open and flat organization and the pleasant and informal working atmosphere where everyone is treated equally, makes it possible to grow as an individual.
- Training on and off-the-job
- Increased attention to employee welfare:
– Free use of the Health Club in our New Amsterdam property (in our office building).
– A fortnightly massage while at the office.
– Free use of the Headspace app (a science-backed meditation and mindfulness solution for the workplace) for all employees.
- High quality and eco-friendly fruit is delivered weekly to our office by ‘Fruitful Office’. For every fruit basket we buy – they’ll plant 1 fruit tree in Malawi, Africa (together with charity Ripple Africa).
- Team events and weekly drinks.