We know it has been a tough time with the restrictions, especially for expats. That’s why we decided to ask some of our residents about their experiences. What’s it like to stay with us during COVID, how do they deal with it? K.M. is staying with us for about 6 months now. On January 20, 2021 she checked in to a Executive Two Bedroom Apartment in our New Amsterdam property at the Zuidas and she already extended her stay 15 times! Now, let’s get to know mrs. K.M.!
- Before we start, could you please introduce yourself?
My name is K.M. and I am from Japan. We are travelling with our family including our two dogs! Our favourite restaurant in the neighbourhood is Yakiniku Kanata.
- When it comes to staying away from home for business, finding somewhere that is more than just a place to sleep can make all the difference. Why did you choose a serviced apartment of Corporate Housing Factory (instead of a hotel). What are the perks?
Having two dogs as a travel companion, it is difficult to find accommodation that fits. We have tried other service apartments in Amsterdam but CHF offers the best service! They have an equipped gym, weekly cleaning and friendly staff who are always there to help if needed. At the same time, the location is perfect if you are looking to commute anywhere, going grocery shopping, and taking a nice walk in the park.
- Last months a lot changed due to COVID-19. Can you tell me about your experiences as an expat in the Netherlands in times of corona?
I am sure, like in each country with different measures, everything was closed. At first, it was hard to find everything and where to look at reliable news article. However, we were surprised about how people kept their distance from each other in public space and everyone respected each other. In other countries, due to COVID-19 spread initially from China, there was much Asian hate around the world. But from our experience, everyone in the Netherlands that we encounter was nice and helpful during the pandemic when we did not understand certain things that were happening in the country.
- Were you able to see something of our beautiful capital Amsterdam? If so, what did you enjoy most?
The beauty of the city itself. In Amsterdam, we found many restaurants that offer take away service which we loved. Going for a walk with the dogs on a nice evening and seeing not only the unique old and new architecture but the nature itself around the city really amazed us.
- Which wine/band/app/takeaway place has kept you alive and well during the coronavirus crisis?
We used Uber Eats most of the time to keep us alive when restaurants were closed.
- Is there something you want to share with our community about working from (a temporary) home during these times?
Fast and efficient WiFi is the key.
- And last but not least; what is the first thing you want to do when all corona measures are suspended?
Get fully vaccinated and travel freely again.