We know it has been a tough time with the restrictions, especially for expats. That’s why we decided to ask some of our residents about their experiences. How’s it like to stay with us during COVID, how do they deal with it? Jagadish Babu Korrapati is staying in one of our studio’s in our New Amsterdam property at the Zuidas. Now, let’s get to know mr. Korrapati!
- Before we start, could you please introduce yourself?
My name is Jagadish and I’m 31 years old. For my work at Adidas, I relocated to Amsterdam from Nuremberg, Germany. My favorite restaurant is Duende Dos in the Jordaan – a must try – and Mizu bar is a good restaurant to get a takeaway from (which is located in the New Amsterdam building as well).
- When it comes to staying away from home for business, finding somewhere that is more than just a place to sleep can make all the difference. Why did you choose a serviced apartment of Corporate Housing Factory (instead of a hotel). What are the perks?
When I relocated to the Netherlands from Germany my relocation agent recommended New Amsterdam apartment. I’m happy they did, since this place is ideal for me to commute to work and also have a social life.
- Last year a lot changed due to COVID-19. Can you tell me about your experiences as an expat in the Netherlands in times of corona? For instance, were you able to see something of the beautiful city Amsterdam? If so, what did you enjoy most?
Unfortunately, not much, since I was busy finding a permanent apartment in the Netherlands.
- Which wine/band/app/take-away place has kept you alive and well during the coronavirus crisis?
When I am not cooking at home I use Deliveroo and Ubereats to order food!
- Is there something you want to share with our community about working from (a temporary) home during these times?
Learn to take a break during your workday, hydrate yourself and don’t forget to go out for a walk every once in a while!
- And last but not least; what is the first thing you want to do when all corona measures are suspended?
I definitely want to travel & meet with my friends who live abroad!