We know it has been a tough time with the restrictions, especially for expats. That’s why we decided to ask some of our residents about their experiences. How’s it like to stay with us during COVID, how do they deal with it? Francois Betthaeuser is staying with his wife and two children in one of our Two Bedroom Excecutive Apartments in our Hoge Duin property in The Hague! Now, let’s get to know mr. Betthaeuser!
- Before we start, could you please introduce yourself?
My name is Francois Betthaeuser, I’m 49 years old, French and I’m working for SBM Schiedam since April 2021. I love Indian and Italian food and I have no favorite restaurant but I prefer to eat in restaurants at the beach.
- When it comes to staying away from home for business, finding somewhere that is more than just a place to sleep can make all the difference. Why did you choose a serviced apartment of Corporate Housing Factory (instead of a hotel). What are the perks?
I prefer a serviced apartment, because it looks more like a home. It’s easier to live with your family and I love to make my own cooking. You can even receive your friends for dinner.
- Last months a lot changed due to COVID-19. Can you tell me about your experiences as an expat in the Netherlands in times of corona? For instance, were you able to see something of the beautiful city The Hague?
We have been here for 3 weeks now so it is difficult to say since, apart from cycling around The Hague and working, we have not been able to see much. However, we can say that we love the beaches, the center and the shops!
- Which wine/band/app/take-away place has kept you alive and well during the coronavirus crisis?
We have not been impacted much since we are here, but we did use Deliveroo a couple of times.
- Is there something you want to share with our community about working from (a temporary) home during these times?
This place (Hoge Duin) is of a very high standard and the team is very nice and kind. This is very much appreciated, especially since we have made the choice to leave our home country to make a new start abroad. Honestly, all in all I would rank our stay a 10 out of 10.
- And last but not least; what is the first thing you want to do when all corona measures are suspended?
Go to a concert, definitely!