It is time for another resident interview! This month, we asked Dahee about her experience living in a CHF apartment and in the Netherlands. She recently relocated to Amsterdam from the United States, and has some great advice to make your time with us even more enjoyable!
- Could you please introduce yourself?
Hi! My name is Dahee, I am in my late 20s and from the United States. I moved to Amsterdam on my own. I work for a trading company based in the Netherlands.
- When staying away from home for business, finding somewhere that is more than just a place to sleep can make all the difference. Why did you choose a serviced apartment of Corporate Housing Factory (instead of a hotel)? What do you see as the main advantages?
There are many advantages to staying in a serviced apartment like Corporate Housing Factory, and it has made a world of a difference in my move. The cozy atmosphere, safe and clean building, friendly staff, as well as having all of the furniture, washing, and kitchen supplies made the transition seamless. The Zuid location is perfect for getting around Amsterdam as well as traveling to other places in the Netherlands and beyond!
- I understand you’ve been living in Netherlands for a little while now. Looking back, what do you wish you knew before you moved to Amsterdam?
I would have studied Dutch, even though almost everyone speaks English I wish I came with more knowledge of the native language.
- What are the best things to do in the area, or perhaps to watch out for; anything to recommend to future residents?
I love the Zuid location! Market 33 is the best food option for eat in and takeaway, and the services at Fornet laundry down the street for both wash and fold and dry cleaning have been a lifesaver to me. The employees are friendly and they do an excellent job, and save me many hours a week of doing laundry. Clubsportive is a great gym to join as well.
- Do you have any blogs/websites/apps you would recommend to people who are new to the Netherlands?
Bol.com has been very useful while living in the Netherlands, and I like my online banking account at Bunq.