We know it has been a tough time with the restrictions, especially for expats. That’s why we decided to ask some of our residents about their experiences. What’s it like to stay with us during COVID, how do they deal with it? Anna Raymond from Australia is staying in one of our Studio Apartments in our New Amsterdam property. Now, let’s get to know mrs. Raymond!
- Before we start, could you please introduce yourself?
My name is Anna, I’m 42 years old and I’m traveling alone as I moved over from Australia for a job at Danone. My favourite café for coffee during my stay was a short walk away on Beethoven Straat called Cafecito.
- When it comes to staying away from home for business, finding somewhere that is more than just a place to sleep can make all the difference. Why did you choose a serviced apartment of Corporate Housing Factory (instead of a hotel). What are the perks?
I can’t take the credit for my choosing to stay with CHF, as Danone organized it all for me. If I had made the choice I would still have chosen CHF as the location in Zuid is perfect for access to the train station as well as Metro and trams, so you can easily explore. It was also great for me to visit the office in Hoofddorp.
- Last year a lot changed due to COVID-19. Can you tell me about your experiences as an expat in the Netherlands in times of corona?
I arrived on 27th of December and had to quarantine for at least 7 days (I took a test on day 5) and could get out by Day 7 as I had a negative PCR. I won’t lie, it was tough as I was new to the city and didn’t know anyone here. I am so grateful that the team at CHF could help me though and went shopping for me before I arrived, so I had lots of fresh food to survive the time in quarantine.
- Were you able to see something of the beautiful city Amsterdam? If so, what did you enjoy most?
I really enjoyed nature a lot in my time at CHF. I walked every day and loved going to Beatrix Park, Amstel Park and Amsterdamse Bos – all of which are walking distance from the apartments. I also caught a tram to Jordaan and walked around exploring all the streets and canals.
- Which wine/band/app/take-away place has kept you alive and well during the coronavirus crisis?
I didn’t use any of the apps whilst stayed at the apartment as I really like to cook or I would get something easy to cook from Albert Heijn (which was across the street).
- Is there something you want to share with our community about working from (a temporary) home during these times?
When I first arrived the gym and pool were closed due to lockdown, but I made sure that I did some exercise every day! I bought a yoga mat online and already had some workout bands so I could find free workouts on YouTube as well as yoga and did something every day! It’s important to move your body! I also walked in nature every day often before and after work so I could relax more.
- And last but not least; what is the first thing you want to do when all corona measures are suspended?
The first thing I did do was go out for drinks and dinner! There are so many beautiful places to choose from so Im happy I can now explore what Amsterdam has to offer!